When traveling with pets, it’s important to ensure that the vacation rental you choose is pet-friendly and safe for your furry friend. Here are six smart ways to pet-proof your pet-friendly vacation rental:
- Check for hazards: Before bringing your pet into the rental, check for potential hazards such as loose wires, sharp corners, and toxic plants. Secure any potential hazards, and remove any harmful items from your pet’s reach.
- Protect the furniture: Cover furniture with pet-friendly throws or blankets to protect them from scratches and stains. This will also help to minimize any damage caused by pet hair and dander.
- Use a crate or playpen: Bring a crate or playpen to help keep your pet contained and safe when you are not able to supervise them. This is especially important if your pet is prone to anxiety or destructive behavior.
- Keep food and water bowls secure: Prevent spills and messes by securing your pet’s food and water bowls in a designated area. Consider using a mat or tray to catch any spills.
- Bring cleaning supplies: Accidents happen, even with well-trained pets. Be sure to bring cleaning supplies, such as paper towels and pet-friendly cleaning solutions, to clean up any messes quickly and effectively.
- Be respectful of the rental property: Remember that you are a guest in someone else’s property. Be sure to clean up after your pet, keep them off the furniture if that is the rental’s rule, and follow any other pet-related guidelines provided by the rental owner.
By following these six tips, you can help ensure that your pet-friendly vacation rental is safe, clean, and comfortable for both you and your furry friend.